Shattered Pixel Dungeon is a traditional roguelike dungeon crawler RPG that’s simple to get into but hard to master! Every game is a unique challenge, with five different heroes, randomized levels and enemies, and hundreds of items to collect and use. ShatteredPD is also updated once every two or three months, so there’s always something new.
Each of ShatteredPD’s five playable heroes has their own unique mechanics and gameplay style. Cut down foes as the durable Warrior or deadly Duelist, fry your enemies as the arcane Mage, or use terrain to your advantage as the stealthy Rogue or the markswoman Huntress!
As you progress through the dungeon you’ll earn points to spend on talents, choose a subclass, and gain powerful lategame abilities. You can turn the Duelist into a dual-wielding Champion, the Mage into a soul-sucking Warlock, the Huntress into a tanky Warden, or explore loads of other possibilities!
ShatteredPD’s dungeon is procedurally generated with random layouts, room types, items, traps, and enemies. In each game you’ll find equipment and collect or craft consumable items to power you up or help you out in a pinch. There is a huge variety to what you might see from run to run and region to region.
As you progress through the dungeon you’ll find equipment that can be enchanted, upgraded, and augmented as you outfit your hero. Set foes ablaze with an enchanted weapon, wade through enemies with upgraded armor, or gain powerful damage, defensive, or utility benefits from one of the many wands, rings, or magical artifacts.
The Dungeon is filled with enemies, traps, hazards, and bosses intent on ending your run! Battle hostile wildlife in the sewers and caves, mad thieves and guards in the prison, occult servants in the fallen dwarven city, and maybe something even worse further down…
All these hazards can make the game quite tough, but don’t be discouraged! You probably won’t win on your first try, but there are many tricks and strategies to discover and learn on the path to getting your first win!
Shattered Pixel Dungeon is an open source game based on the source code of Pixel Dungeon by Watabou (first released in late 2012). It started in 2014 as a project to rebalance Pixel Dungeon but has steadily grown into its own game over the last 8 years!
- 5 Heroes, each with 2 subclasses, 3 endgame abilities, and over 25 talents.
- Over 250 items including equipment, consumables, and items crafted via alchemy.
- 5 dungeon regions, 26 floors, over 100 room types, and trillions of possible floor layouts.
- Over 60 enemy types, 30 traps, and 5 detailed bosses to test your skills.
- 9 optional challenges and over 100 achievements for completionists.
- Interface modes for large and small screens, and support for multiple input types.
- Updates roughly every 3 months with new content, fixes, and improvements.
- Support for many languages thanks to the game’s dedicated communities.