Shattered Pixel Dungeon v0.8.2!
Hey Dungeoneers, v0.8.2 has been released on Google Play and GitHub, and should roll out to other platforms such as Amazon and F-Droid soon!
You can discuss this update on the Pixel Dungeon Subreddit!
What’s new in v0.8.2?
v0.8.2 includes major interface improvements & additions, a new equipment slot for rings/artifacts, and a bunch of smaller improvements and balance tweaks! I talked about the interface changes and new equip slot in detail in a previous blog: Coming Soon to Shattered: Improved Interfaces!
Here’s a condensed runthrough of the major changes in v0.8.2. You can check out the changes screen in-game for a fully detailed list.
- v0.8.2 is releasing 41 days after v0.8.1, which released on June 27th 2020
- The player can equip an artifact, a ring, and an extra artifact or ring
- Added an in-game news feed that pulls blog posts from Shatteredpixel.com
- The ring of energy now also grants charging speed to artifacts
- Several interfaces and game screens have been improved or overhauled
- Improvements to various game functions that tie in to Google Play
- 12 misc changes
- 20+ bugfixes
- The Ring of Wealth has been buffed, with a bigger emphasis on rare drops
- Further adjustments have been made to Blast Wave and knockback effects
- Wand of Fireblast has been given some of its terrain-destroying power back
- Wands of Warding, Lightning, and Magic Missile have received smaller buffs
- Quarterstaff damage blocking down to 0-2 from 0-3
- Flail accuracy penalty increased to 20% from 10%
- Wand of Regrowth has had its farming power reduced
- Wand of Frost has had a slight clawback to the buff it got in v0.8.1
What’s coming next?
The next update to Shattered Pixel Dungeon will be v0.9.0! As mentioned earlier, v0.9.0 is going to be introducing a new gameplay system that’s focused on the game’s heroes. I plan to release this system incrementally, so v0.9.0 will include an initial round of content under this new system, which will then be expanded on in future 0.9.X updates.
It’s important to note that releasing the system incrementally will mean that, unlike other v0.X.0 updates, v0.9.0 shouldn’t be an oversized update that takes six months! v0.9.0 will definitely take longer than v0.8.2 did, but I’d like for it to take 2-3 months tops.
In addition to that gameplay system, I’m also hoping to make some incremental improvements to the game’s challenges with some some tweaks to existing ones and at least one entirely new challenge!
You can look forward to a blog post on v0.9.0 with some details about the new gameplay system later this month or in early September. What’s more, now that there’s an in-game news feed, you don’t even have to check the website to know when it’s out!
If you enjoy Shattered and want to help me keep making it, please consider making a supporter purchase on Google Play, or supporting me on Patreon! Google Play Supporters get access to fun cosmetic in-game benefits. Patrons get access to weekly mini-blogs, monthly content polls, and a patron discord!