Hey Dungeoneers, v1.4.0 has been released! You can get it on: on Google Play, the App Store, Steam, and GitHub! Note that v1.4.0 is currently held up in review by Google on Google Play, it should become available there within another day or two tops.
What’s new in v1.4.0
v1.4.0 is focused on new in-game lore and loads of other miscellaneous improvements. There are 30 pages of story text to find, a new ring, various reworks, a new tutorial, and over a hundred smaller tweaks and fixes!
I talked about this update in two previous blog posts:
Here’s a condensed runthrough of the major changes this update. You can check out the changes screen in-game for a fully detailed list.
- v1.4.0 is releasing 90 days after v1.3.0, which released on July 6th, 2022
- A new lore system has been added, with 30 pages of lore text to find
- The Ring of Arcana has been added, it powers up enchantments and glyphs
- The Sandals of Nature have a new active ability based on seed effects
- The Berserker has been been partially redesigned, berserking is now manually activated
- A new short guided tutorial has been added at the start of the game
- Some T3 talents have been redesigned
- The blocking enchantment has been redesigned
- Hero select now has a new interface for landscape/desktop users
- 30+ misc. changes
- 50+ bugfixes
- Ring of Wealth now gives better equipment when highly upgraded
- Buffed wand of transfusion damage vs. undead
- Telekinetic grab now grabs all items at a location, not just one
- Annoying curse has more dialogue
- Anti-Magic now applies to your own rings and artifacts
What’s coming next?
The next Shattered update will be v2.0.0, which is going to focus almost entirely on adding a new hero!
The new hero in v2.0.0 will be the Duelist! The duelist will be able to use weapons in ways other heroes cannot, through charge-based special abilities, and other mechanics via her talents and subclasses. Like all the other heroes, the duelist will have 2 subclasses, 3 armor abilities, and 26 talents!
I don’t yet have any specific plans for other content in v2.0.0. I want to mostly focus on the Duelist, so don’t expect as much side content as in previous updates, but I’m sure that there will be some amount of smaller additions and adjustments.
I was originally planning for the next update to be v1.5.0, and include a rework to the blacksmith’s quest. We’re now in the last quarter of 2022 though, and I suspect people would much rather see a new hero release next. I also heavily implied a new hero would come this year back in the ‘Shattered Pixel Dungeon in 2022’ blog post. This doesn’t mean that the quest rework is never going to happen though, I’m just readjusting my priorities and will likely get to it in 2023 instead.
v2.0.0 will likely have a few blog posts as I make progress on implementing the new hero. Expect to see the first of those posts in November. In the meantime, please follow me on Twitter if you’d like some quicker mini-updates!
If you enjoy Shattered and want to help me keep making it, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Patrons get access to exclusive weekly mini blogs about upcoming updates, monthly Q&As and content polls, physical loyalty rewards, and early alpha access to updates!