Hey Dungeoneers, v1.0.0 has been released on Google Play, the App Store, and GitHub! That’s right, after seven years of development, we’ve hit v1.0.0, and Shattered Pixel Dungeon is finally available for purchase on iOS!
Yes, that’s right, the update previously named v0.9.4 is now the big v1.0.0! Shattered is officially a released game, and I am confident in calling it a full experience, not just a work in progress!
This does not mean I am finished making updates though! I still have plenty of ideas, and have been receiving enough support to be able to develop the game for the foreseeable future.
This decision came a bit suddenly, as I only just discovered Shattered’s existing version naming scheme is incompatible with the App Store. Moving forward Shattered will use the industry standard
major.minor.patch format instead, with 1.0.0 as a starting point.
It would have been nicer to have planned this from the start, but the more I think about it the more confident I am that this update deserves the v1.0.0 title. This is a huge milestone for Shattered with the release on iOS, new music, and the first time the game is being offered as a paid product! We’re also releasing just a bit after Shattered’s 7th birthday!
I am sorry that v1.0.0 ended up being fairly light on new content, but there will still be plenty of that to come in future updates.
What’s new in v1.0.0
v1.0.0 contains a variety of content additions and refinements. There is new music, support for new platforms, new alchemy recipes, and a few other odds and ends. I’ve also made a bunch of balance changes to hero abilities and various items.
I talked about this update in three previous blog posts:
(Keep in mind that in these posts I call this update v0.9.4)
- Coming Soon to Shattered: Music, Metal, and More!
- Shattered Pixel Dungeon is coming to iOS!
- Saying Goodbye to Android 2.3 Gingerbread
Here’s a condensed runthrough of the major changes this update. You can check out the changes screen in-game for a fully detailed list.
- v1.0.0 is releasing 71 days after v0.9.3, which released on June 7th 2021
- ShatteredPD is now available on the iOS App Store!
- The game's existing music has been remastered!
- Two new alchemy recipes: liquid metal and arcane resin
- Two new traps: geyser and gateway
- Major tutorial improvements
- A new rare enemy: spectral necromancers
- Ankhs have been completely overhauled
- All scrolls now produce 2 runestones, some stones buffed to compensate
- 10+ misc. changes
- 25+ bugfixes
- Various buffs to several armor abilities
- Buffs to woolly bombs, as stones of flock were buffed
- Mage's staff base damage reduced to 1-7 from 1-8
- Various nerfs to a few armor abilities
What’s coming next?
The next Shattered update will be v1.1.0, and will focus heavily on alchemy! I want to make alchemy more cohesive, simple, and make it better at recycling items the player doesn’t want into items that they do want.
Expect to hear more details about v1.1.0 in a future blog post, likely sometime in September. If you want faster updates about what I’m working on, follow me on twitter! The micro-blog format of that website makes it perfect for giving quick project updates.
If you enjoy Shattered and want to help me keep making it, firstly please buy it on iOS! If that’s not an option though, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Patrons get access to weekly mini blogs about upcoming updates, devstreams, and also help determine content direction through community polls!